- Surface smoothing implemented for points on flat surfaces
(2D and 3D).
- Reconfiguration of non-planar surface edges allowed in 3D
up to a user-specified tolerance on non-planarity.
- Length-scale calculation in 3D now much improved. Previously,
this calculation was quite poor in some circumstances. More work still
needs to be done here.
- Unified source for tri/meshopt2d and tetra/meshopt3d.
- Internal code clean up, including some additional state info
that will soon improve point deletion, especially in 3D.
- Streamlined general mesh improvement algorithm via better
decision-making about which points to try to smooth and which faces
to try to swap in mesh improvement. Some speed improvement as a result,
but intrinsically slow.
- Mesh improvement with approximately constant total mesh size.
- Better documentation for shared library use with sh-type shells.
- Documentation of command-line mesh optimization strings.
- Attempt to improve compatibility with HP-UX 10.x. There have
been reports of some difficulties with building GRUMMP on this platform.
This is not a well-tested attempt at fixing the problem, given my
lack of an HP-UX 10.x test platform; if you try GRUMMP on HP-UX 10.x
with the native compilers, let me know the results, good or bad.