The simplest way to build GRUMMP is this:
- Download the latest tarball from ftp://tetra.mech.ubc.ca/pub/GRUMMP/GRUMMP.tar.gz.
Anonymous ftp, wget, and your web browser should all work here.
- Unpack the tar ball:
- tar -zxvf GRUMMP.tar.gz
- Go to the directory that tar just created (this includes a version
number; the tar output will show you what to use).
- Run configure.
- If you have CGM installed, tell configure where it is using -with-CGM-path=/path/to/CGM.
If you don't have CGM installed, GRUMMP will do its best to download
and configure it at this point1.2, then build it when you run make later. This auto-build
may fail for some systems where downloads require special magic; if
you hit this, then download and build CGM yourself first.
- To enable support for the ITAPS mesh interface, specify -enable-itaps
- Other standard configure options apply, as well as some GRUMMP-specific
ones. Use configure -help or read the rest of this document
for more information.
- Run make, then make test to confirm success.
- To install the libraries and executables, run make install.